We’ll be posting a series of comforting, perfect-for-winter recipes that are easy to make at home – and much healthier than your takeout versions!
This recipe makes two portions. Cooking time will vary slightly depending on the size and thickness of the fish fillets.
What You Need
- 1 large orange sweet potato
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons
- Handful parsley, chopped
- 2 hake fillets (150g to 200g each)
- 200g of green vegetables, such as broccoli or courgettes, sliced lengthways, as needed.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Slice the sweet potato into chips, toss into a Ziplock bag with a little olive oil and salt, then place on a baking tray and put into the oven immediately
(You can also cook these in an air fryer while you do the rest).
- Begin to prepare the fish by placing a sheet of baking paper on a second baking tray.
- Slice one lemon and place half the slices on baking paper, then some parsley, then the hake. Top with more parsley, a sprinkle of salt, a squeeze of lemon juice and the remaining slices of lemon. Seal the parcel by folding all sides and corners, making sure it is very secure.
- Place the vegetables in the same tray next to the fish and drizzle with olive oil and salt.
- When your sweet potato chips have cooked for 20 minutes, flip them over and add back into the oven with the second fish tray.
- Cook everything for a total of 10 to 15 minutes further (just make sure the fish is cooked through).