We are launching a series of hearty summer salad recipes, like this healthy salad Nicoise, to inspire you to get more greens into your diet, while also providing nutrient-rich, balanced meals that are easy to make and perfect for the warmer weather.
This healthy salad Nicoise recipe serves four people. If you’re keeping the meal low-carb, leave out the potatoes (you can always add grilled courgettes instead).
What you need:
4 x 150g fillets of fish, such as yellowtail or tuna
4 boiled eggs
1 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
400g baby tomatoes, chopped
200g green beans, steamed, sliced
8 to 12 baby potatoes, boiled or roasted, and sliced in halves or quarters
Fresh parsley, for garnishing
Freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing:
3 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp red-wine vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp honey
4 anchovies, finely chopped
Pinch chilli flakes
- Grill the fish fillets in a hot pan or under the grill in the oven until just cooked through (time will depend on the size and thickness of the fillets, but you want the flesh to be cooked through and opaque-looking)
- While the fish is cooking, slice the eggs and set aside.
- Mix the olives, tomatoes, beans and potatoes together in a bowl.
- For the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together and dress the tomato mixture. Set aside to marinate.
- Divide the tomato mixture between four plates, place a piece of grilled fish on top, garnish with freshly chopped parsley and season
For a healthy Fish-and-Chips recipe, click here.