This is a quick-and-easy, healthy 15-minute meal to whip up during the week. This recipe is also low in carbohydrates and high in protein, thanks to the fish and the broccoli.
This recipe requires one pan and can literally be made in 15 minutes. While this recipe uses a head of broccoli, you are welcome to replace it with tenderstem broccoli instead. You can also mix up the green veg to include other greens, such as mange tout, sugar-snap peas, courgettes and asparagus. Essentially you want to cover a 30cm pan with green veggies.
Local trout is a more sustainable and more affordable alternative to salmon. We recommend using hot-smoked or smoked trout, which means that the fish is already cooked and just requires heating up. If you choose to use lightly smoked trout, keep in mind that you will need to cook the fish for a little longer (we recommend 4 minutes a side).
You could also prepare this entire meal in the airfryer. This works ideally in a dual airfryer (such as the Alliance Dual Air Fryer) where you can cook the broccoli separately to the fish, but one could work well too, you’ll just add the fish after for a few minutes (choose the grill setting). This recipe serves 2.
What You Need:
- 300g or 1 head of broccoli (or 400g tenderstem)
- 1-2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Salt & Pepper, to season
- ¼ tsp red chilli flakes
- 180-200g hot smoked trout
1. Slice the broccoli into bite-sized florets, halved again if necessary.
2. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan set over medium-high heat. Add the green veg, pour over the lemon juice, season and add the chilli flakes. Sauté for about 5-7 minutes, until the broccoli is just cooked, but still bright green. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Add a little more olive oil to the pan if necessary. Place the trout in the same pan and heat for 2 minutes if using the hot-smoked trout (if using lightly smoked trout, see notes above).
4. Serve all together, garnished with lemon zest.